Unlike your usual detox, the Digitox Challenge is a detox of your digital ‘diet’. It’s a day where you press the refresh button and ditch all things digital. That means putting down the smartphone, putting away the tablet and stepping away from the computer, for a whole 24 hours.
It’s a great way to spend some quality time with your family and friends. More importantly, it’s a way to show your support for young people experiencing homelessness. All young people deserve a safe home and a bright future. Together we can make this a reality!
By accepting the #digitoxchallenge you pledge to put away all your digital devices on International Youth Day, August 12, 2018.
Rope in your friends by tagging them on social media and challenge them to join you on the Digitox journey! It’s always more fun when you take on a challenge together with a friend. Plus, you can get a 30 minute pass to quickly jump online or watch your fav TV show if you manage to get another friend on board.
How to Get Started
- Click here to register and set up an online fundraising page
- Spread the word and ask friends and family to sponsor your #digitoxchallenge
- Post a photo of yourself and your beloved digital item on social media with a message about why you are doing the challenge and asking for sponsors.
- Tag your friends – come on we’ve all got that one friend that checks their phone constantly, posts selfies galore or is suffering from an unhealthy Insta/Snapchat addiction.
- A few days beforehand, get it out of your system by jumping online and reminding everyone on social media what you’re doing
- Remember to plan and complete all your assignments and work before August 12, you don’t want this to stop you taking on the challenge!
- Enjoy your #digitox day!
- Celebrate your achievement, let everyone know what you got up to and remind them how they can donate
- Thank your sponsors and let us know what an amazing digi-free 24 hours you had by using #digitox #digitoxchallenge