We believe all young people matter regardless of the circumstance they find themselves in.
Nearly 28,000 young people aged 12-24 are without a home on any given night in Australia. Young people experiencing homelessness have an increased rate of mental health challenges, self-injury and/or attempts on life, disengagement with education, unemployment, and poor health. This is why Youth Futures offers holistic support and opportunities for young people to thrive.
- In WA over 20% of the homeless population are under 24
- More than 50% are escaping violence in the home
- Aboriginal young people are 11 times more likely than non-Aboriginal young people to experience homelessness.
Youth Futures is committed to providing young people with professional services that increase community participation and enhance well-being. Each year our impact is far reaching and key highlights include:
- Supporting over 2,800 young people with housing, education and/or support
- Enabling over 20,000 nights of safe sleep
- Provide over 25,000 meals
- Distributing over 400 emergency relief hampers
- Delivering over 800 Clinical Psychologist sessions to young people and their families
- And, engaging over 400 young people across our education programs.
But, with many of our programs in high demand despite operating at capacity, there’s still a lot of work to be done. We need your help so we can continue to make a difference, donate now!
For more information our 2019/20 annual report can be found here.